Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Catching Up Again

Well, our attempt at doing without cable lasted about a week and a half. We now have Direct-TV, and my life is finally at peace. (Shameful, shameful, I KNOW)! The guys came today to hook it up, and all I can say is I LOVE NOGGIN! Especially when I’m cooking dinner. Makes a great temporary babysitter. At least it’s not SpongeBob, right? Hey, DON’T YOU JUDGE ME! (I watched some lady say that on a hilarious episode of My Name Is Earl, and now I can’t stop saying it).

We went to the Houston Zoo on Friday with Adam and Jess and Baby Jack. Adam and Jess are so hilarious, and baby Jack is so cute I just want to squeeze him to pieces. He does nothing but give wide-eyed smiles and laughs (but Adam and Jess assure me this isn’t at all the case). We had a really great time. Here’s a picture of us petting some severely disinterested goats.


They had this cute little prairie dog display, where the kids can climb through holes and pop up at the top like a Prairie Dog. We didn’t see any actual prairie dogs, however. Must have been too cold for them.
The grand finale of the day was when we were looking at the Okapi, David fell head-first into a bench. He busted his lip up pretty good, and actually pushed one of his teeth back into his gums. That of course ended our trip and necessitated a trip to the ER. They told us that because it’s a baby tooth, we shouldn’t worry too much. Just gave us a prescription for anti-biotic and told us to check in with a pediatric dentist, seeing as how it’s time for David to start getting check-ups anyway.

So once again my little Day-Day resembles Mushmouth from Fat Albert. It’ll be a miracle if that kid makes it to 10. I hope he does, because we're kind of attached to him.

6 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Poor Guy. I was in the room when you were telling your Dad over the phone. Hope he gets to felling better soon.

Shannon said...

Oh no! Poor Day-Day! He is such a rough and tumble kid, I bet he will bounce right back! Other than that looks like a terrific outing! I love love Stevie poking out so happy in the little prairie dog hole! Precious!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Give that boy a big ole hug from us! Whats life without a few bumps here and there? :) The Zoo sounds like so much fun!
And YAY for CABLE!! Seriously, pat on the back for trying....but it's a must!

Anonymous said...

"Some lady" from My Name is Earl? I know who you're talking about.

Jenni said...

Um, that some lady is Joy and I totally say that same thing all the time and everyone stares at me. That's where I got it from too. Too funny.

I hope David's mouth feels better.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I love the picture of Stevie in the prairie dog exhibit with his sunglasses on. What a cool kid!
I hope David is feeling better by now. Lauren had a tooth moving experience once, and was old enough at the time that she remembers it, if you want to ask her about it.