I'm just not willing to spend a buck on pretty much anything, much less "Chotsky" (as Shannon christened little decorative ornaments to adorn your shelves, table, etc). But between the efforts of both my sis-in-law Jessica and Shannon, my house is looking much cuter by far. Here are some before and after pics. (PS, I just wanted to state for the record, that the pictures make the rooms look WAY smaller than they are...I just have a darn crappy camera. But hey, whaddya want? It survived a fire).


Sooooo much better, right? Thank goodness Shannon was there to hold my hand through it all. I never could have picked this stuff to go together otherwise. (Just LOOK at that adorable little red lamp. It's so cute I want to pinch it's non-existent cheeks)! And it was SUCH a good deal and I can even machine wash it!!!! Oh, and that mirror, I'm going to hang it up...just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Isn't it cute? And can you believe we found a sign with that oh-so-LDS saying on it?
I have ONE more space that I need help with, if there are any advice-givers out there. It's the space behind our couch by the fireplace. I obviously don't have any books to put on the bookshelves, but...well, here's a few pictures:
But it's the sofa table specifically that I need help with. What does one put on a sofa table that doesn't look kitchy but DOES look put-together enough so that my husband won't pile things on the surface?:
11 comments:
I'm making you something for Christmas that can go there! Sweet! Thats a cute little sofa table. PERFECT place to put Christmas decorations, too!! Like a collection of snowmen, or your nativity scene.
You are doing fabulous with your new home!! And it looks DANG big! I can't wait to come and see it ;). Miss ya, sweets!
I love your bedroom! Your new family photo and two solo shots of the boys (one on either side) can go on your table with a runner and some candles. It would be cheep too... and we all know how you love cheep! have you found your phone yet?
Hahaha! Chotsky! I love it! and that rug is so cute, great find! And I agree that your sofa table will be perfect for some Christmas decorations. Your house is just so, so pretty! I wish ya'll could just buy that one!
Oh! I and I like Carina's idea for the table, that sounds really cute!
You need a lamp on the sofa table and also on one of the side tables, and don't be afraid to go big! To me, incandescent lighting really makes a house feel homey. Hobby Lobby sells the most AMAZING lamps and they often have them for 50% off.
You should put a family portrait on the sofa table too.
Maybe you could go to some garage sales or goodwill and buy some hardback books to put in the bookshelves.
You bedroom looks great!
yes, definitely lamps. And what a good idea to go to garage sales for books! i can't believe i forgot about garage sales!
ha! see i told you you needed a lamp! What happened to that one you got for the end table? did they never have a non bent one?
It looks so good and I third the motion that you put some family photos on the sofa table. It will perfect. You can put some candlesticks with tapers in them as well and there will be carefully placed items that leave no room for the piling of "junk" on the table.
The word is "tchochke," you silly shiksa...
Everything looks great! I love how the bedroom turned out.
Jenny, I'm so happy for you in your new digs, and all the pretty new things. It looks great! We miss you, I wish we'd gotten together before you went back down.
Post a Comment