1. This house rocks the Casbah. It’s nice to be living in an actual house and not someplace falling apart at the seams. True, the guy who used to own it was a real do-it-yourselfer, but it’s still pretty nice and has plenty of room.
2. Furniture shopping is fun. Granted, it’s a lot more fun when you’re not hauling two kids under 5 years old around the stores with you, but its fun nonetheless. We’ve actually bought almost everything we need: living room furniture, bedroom furniture, and dining table and chairs.
3. I haven’t watched TV for 7 days (except, of course, the obligatory “Office” DVDs from Netflix at night with Steven before bed). We’ve opted to go without cable/dish/satellite here. I’m interested to see how long I can hold out without seeing all my forensic documentary shows on Court TV.
4. I suck at decorating. Now that I have this awesome new place, I have no idea how to adorn it. I’m scared to do anything just in case I end up making it look like Granny’s Attic or a French bordello. It’s pretty stark and I don’t know where to begin. I need some serious help here.
5. Waffle House is right down the street from us. Steven has a weird obsession with Waffle House, and so of course we’ve eaten there for practically every meal since we got here. Maple Syrup is beginning to sicken me.
Okay, so that’s where we’re at. I’ll post pictures as soon as we get all our stupid IKEA furniture assembled and our dining table on Monday. (I was just joking, IKEA. I love you and am grateful to assemble your furniture with as much spirit and gusto as the wholesome young Swedes who created it).
7 comments:
hahahaha, lololol, hehehehe! *sigh* OK, so waffle house huh? hehehe...
Anywho, so glad you love the house! and I will gladly help you decorate ;) And um, you are crazy for no TV, I mean that takes some serious guts, I am way to addicted, and the kids they love their Arthur!
Yay! An update! I miss you terribly!
I'm glad you love your new house, the pictures did it justice, I guess? Good luck decorating, you don't suck at it...I'm sure you are more fantastic at it than you know!
Good for you for no TV, but PLEASE keep your internet!!! Ü
I LOOOOOOOVE Court Tv, but we don't have satellite or cable either. I've managed to survive, but barely. I'm so glad you have a nice house to live in after all you've been through. Can't wait to see the IKEA set-up!
I love walking through IKEA. I'm glad that you got nice, new furniture. I'm also glad that you are liking the new house.
I love The Office...
I can't wait to see pictures of your new furniture all set up!! And as much as I love pancakes and waffles (the boys and I have started a tradition of breakfast for dinner every Friday night) I have never been to Waffle House.
Ooo! Lets do a long distance decorating contest! You take pics of your furniture and the room they go in, and we will submit decorating ideas, including pictures, AND how to do it cheaply. I know at least Missy and I would do it!
Oooooo, i LOVE it. but don't make it a contest, because i will lose miserably and have to crawl under a rock. but i would LOVE LOVE LOVE any ideas from other people. I'm going to post some RIGHT NOW!
Post a Comment