Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some notes on...

David: recently started pretending to be a dog. He’ll run around (not on all fours, but on the tips of his toes) with his tongue hanging out, barking sporadically. He also likes to pretend to sleep. He snores loudly and closes his eye halfway to make sure you’re watching. Oh, and he said “Hi Stebie” for the first time today.
David pretends he's a puppy.

Stevie: is just about to read. He wrote the words “cat,” “dog,” and “Stevie” today first on a notepad and then typed it on the computer. He’s using phonics to figure out what words say, and nearly there. His friend Jared came over today, and I caught them snuggled up on the recliner like a pair of puppies while watching (of course) Go, Diego, Go.


Steven: His school is doing TAKS testing at school right now, so he has an easy week. Therefore, our lawn looks absolutely immaculate, as he is a yard man and has an obsession with anything having to do with lawns or trees.

Me: I am currently obsessed with 1) Scrapping and I can spend HOURS on the computer looking through free stuff and trying to configure the perfect page and 2) Lucky by Alice Sebold, who is a great writer. I finished Lovely Bones a few days ago and I read it straight through (and I mean until 5:30 in the morning) until I finished it. I think I like ‘Lucky’ even more because the writing is just so witty and raw at the same time. Her writing is bizarre at times, but somehow always makes sense.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is great that you are putting the everyday stuff in here. Sometimes I forget about the things that my kids do everyday.

Mandie said...

Brian is a yard man too, and I'm very grateful!

I'm impressed that you have time to read and scrapbook and then blog about it! I don't know where my time goes...

Kelli said...

A little boy acting like a puppy? Does it get any cuter? And I read The Lovely Bones straight through, on a plane ride a few years ago. I LOVED it, and I'm very excited for the movie. (Not the least of which because Ryan Gosling is in it.) I also read Lucky recently, and it was also very good.