The concert was a awful.I think it probably came to a head when the tornado sirens started going off during the 2nd movement. We were all momentarily startled and blew the big finish. Someone made an annoucement about the oncoming storm, and a third of the audience got up and left, worried that they and their vehicles might be decimated by the torrents of hail.
It all went downhill from there. We were all distracted and never got it together. I felt sorry for Randy, our director. He had told us before that directing the Brahms Requiem was his lifelong dream. But hopefully he was too stressed and distracted to notice what a train wreck it all was. And on top of everything else, this one IDIOT FRENCH HORN played out of tune the entire time. I mean ear-wincingly out of tune. What were we paying him for, anyway?
After we finished singing, my friend leaned over and whispered, “Okay, so let’s try again tomorrow.”
6 comments:
I am so sorry your concert went badly. I have been part of a few bad concerts and I just wanted to slink off the stage unnoticed. I'm sure that you sang wonderfully once you got over your surprise at the severe weather sirens. That would have thrown anyone for a loop - you are still awesome, and you have the CD to prove it!
That stinks about the concert. I doubt that Brahm's anticipated tornado sirens as part of his piece either. Are you singing again tonight? If so, I hope things go more peacefully.
Muahahah...don't think I didn't notice the edited "nicer" version of this post! LOLOL
I'm sorry that it wasn't quite as planned.
aww!! Im so sorry! But seriously....there were tornado warnings and hail the size of baseballs! How can Brahms overcome that?! Hope tonite was better!
It probably wasn't as bad as you think, though. But I'm sure everyone was so distracted by the storms that they didn't care!
Post a Comment