I don’t remember ever being part of a Solemn Assembly before, and even though I was actually sitting on my recliner in my pajamas when it began, I’m still so glad I was a part of it. You could feel love for President Monson radiating from all the people in the assembly. When they asked the Relief Society sisters to stand, my heart was filled with love for President Monson, as well as for my fellow sisters and for the church organization as a whole.
As I watched President Monson during conference, my heart went out to him. His ordinarily smiling face was replaced with a look so overwhelmed and so solemn with the magnitude of his calling. And even though he’s had reason to expect it, and is worthy and capable, I can’t imagine what must being going through his heart and mind.
The speakers were amazing in each session and the spirit was so strong. There have been so many times in my life when, being carried away with the swirling ideas of the world, I start to panic about my testimony and the truth of it all. But when I sit in conference and listen to the words of modern-day revelation, I know it’s all true because of the way I feel: so close to tears and so full of a desire to ‘go about doing good’.
3 comments:
It was an awesome conference, wasn't it! You put that all so beautifully! Thank you!
I loved the prophet's last talk!
We are still trying to catch up on all sessions on the internet but everytime I hear the Prophet speak it is so joyful. I am so grateful for my membership in this true church.
Post a Comment