Monday, April 28, 2008

Bluebonnet Bust

This was a very busy weekend, and I feel like I kept my family running from sun-up to sun-down. Saturday morning started off with T-ball, of course, and all 4 of us went. After T-ball class, we had a lovely walk around the park to see the cute baby ducks! Every time David sees a bird of any kind he now says “Hi duckie” in the cutest voice. After that, the next step was OBVIOUSLY Chick-fil-A with the Lundells (who can escape the lure of delicious Chick-fil-A on a Saturday?)

That evening, we met up with the Kirchman’s to take some family bluebonnet pictures. Little did we know that the perfect spot I had picked out would be a complete wasteland. The bluebonnets were completely past their prime, and so our bluebonnet pictures ended up being more like random-sitting-in-the-field-with-family pictures. I was so embarrassed, because I had talked the place up like it was Shangri-La. Oh well, Que sera.

At least we got to eat out at Red Lobster, which I know is iffy and many times the punch-line on network television. But for some reason, everyone was willing to go. And while we did have to wrestle our children the entire time, the clam chowder was oh sooo tasty.

So, needless to say, we definitely need to get out earlier for our bluebonnet pictures next year. Here's the best we could do:




10 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

It was NOT a wasteland! We got some darn good pictures! And after we put a little Photoshop to it, they will be wall-worthy! Next year we'll just know to go EARLIER, and the spot you picked will be gorgeous! And so sorry, that the family ones have so much SUN to them!! We'll call these the "BEFORE" pictures! Ü

Bonnie said...

I still see a lot of bluebonnets in your pictures. At least you got out there and took them. I have been meaning to take bluebonnet pictures since the kids were born, but I haven't.

Shannon said...

Sounds like such a fun day! And the pictures are very cute indeed, and Sarah is right with a little touching up, that family picture will be wonderful!

Jenny said...

uhhh...that was after touching up.

Shannon said...

LOLOL

~Darcy~ said...

I love your pictures! They are so cute! The background is not as important as though smiles on your familys faces! Don't be so hard on yourself!!

~Darcy~ said...

What I meant to say was that the background is not as important as the smiles on your familys faces. (What a ditz I am!)

Missy said...

If you need some photoshop help on that first one, just send it my way. They're all very cute!

Caroline said...

I agree, good pictures. Flowers are tough because you've got to go at just the right moment, and the fine line between too new and too old is a really hard one to find. But they are cute!

The Eldredges said...

Cute pictures! I like how the sun is shining on your hair on the first one- you look very pretty!