Monday, April 7, 2008

Ein deutsches Requiem


For any of you classical music buffs out there, you might enjoy seeing Steven & I sing with the Arlington Master Chorale on Thursday, April 17th. We’re doing the Brahms’ Requiem, which is an absolutely masterful piece of music.

Singing this music has been really meaningful to me because Brahms wrote it in part for his mother who had passed away. He used scriptures as text, instead of the usual liturgical text used for most Requiems. The scriptures he chose are really comforting and so full of hope; especially John 16:22. I loved learning and singing it.

If you would like to go, you can get discount tickets through me.

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

me me me me me! Seriously, these days I can listen to nothing but classical music, it's really odd. But I would love to go to this!

Missy said...

I see a date night in our future! I will talk to John because any choir you guys are in has to be fantastic! And I happen to LOVE this piece of music anyway! How much are tickets??

Jenny said...

You can get student tickets for $5 by calling the phone # or I can just get you tickets for $5 each, too! I'm SO GLAD you guys want to come!!!

Jenni said...

Derek and I are working the Stars game otherwise we would totally be there. I have sung Mozart's Requiem and I love these pieces.

Mandie said...

Ooh! That would be awesome! Brian and I are in choir withdrawl since we aren't singing with Evening Song anymore. I really miss it!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I will be thinking about you tonight! I really wish that I could have come to this, but I have to go to a PTA meeting tonight.