Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some Chat & Scrap

Today I had a really good time hanging out at a friend's house. The best part about it was that I could relax in her beautiful home and forget all about how mine was falling apart at the seams. (And oooohhh, did I have it coming to me when I got home...I could actually smell the kitchen...it was that bad).

The kids played so well together and I had a great time relaxing and talking with a hilarious friend. One of the best things about talking to other moms is realizing that yes, we all face the same problems with our kids. It makes everything a little less scary when you can laugh about your experiences and know they aren't strange or unusual.

One of the most glorious parts of the afternoon was that my kids fell asleep in the car on the way home and actually napped for TWO WHOLE HOURS! HALLELUJAH!

And totally off subject, here are two more digi-scrap attempts: (Click for a closer look)

This template is by Joy Brown, and the paper kit is by Akiloune


This is my first attempt sans template, but the paper kit is from Scrap Street.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

It is always nice to chat with other moms. Sometimes I feel completely under-qualified to be a mother, but hearing other gals' experiences lets me know that I'm not alone. I love both of these layouts too, especially the pray always page. You did a great job putting that together, especially without a template.

Shannon said...

Very cute! Did you get photoshop? I like both layouts, keep posting them :)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Those are some GREAT layouts! You are on a roll, chica!
The first thing Bella says when she woke up:
"Play with Stevie, Mommy?"
She couldn't stop talking about him! I'm so glad they took naps for you! Wonderful!!

The Eldredges said...

Wow, Jenny! I am so impressed with your scrapping skills! You're a natural!

Andrea said...

Very cute, Jenny! I think that there are so many advantages to digital scrapping. And I have played with it some. But I think I'm more of a hybrid girl. I don't think I could ever completely give up the feel of the paper, ribbon, etc. and the physical process. (I wish I had just started digital, though! But that wasn't exactly an option 10 years ago!)