Big mistake. When I went back like a good girl to confront the problem, I was told that I would have to go to the City Bldg. (this was the complete explanation I was given) to get it straightened out. Because I had two yelling toddlers at the time, I decided to take care of it later.
When I went back to the library AGAIN today talk with someone who might actually know what they’re talking about, I was told ‘City Bldg’ again. When I pressed for more information, they looked panicky and told me to go ask upstairs (did I mention I had a stroller?) After explaining the situation YET AGAIN to the upstairs reference desk folk, they finally made a call for me. Turns out Arlington is pretty hard on its fake-check writers. I have to go the 8th floor of the Motts Bldg, pay a $25 return-check fee in addition to the fine (even though it was an accident) and pay in all cash (which I never carry).
I said screw it and went home. (Not to the reference desk folk, just in my head).
5 comments:
Oh no! I hate how you have such a big to-do for a first time "offender", they should give you a one time chance!
Now you know why something wasn't feeling "quite right" on the 1st ;D
you are SUCH a criminal Jenny!!!
So much for being honest!
you scary criminal, you!!!
Now that you have a criminal record, you should give up and move to Canada. Just kidding...you are not allowed to move anywhere, ever! I guess I understand why they have the rules in place, but that stinks that no one has the power or the desire to handle these situations on a case by case basis. What a pain!
Post a Comment