Thursday, April 24, 2008

Abbreviated History

My friend Jenni tagged me with this cute 5 List, but I had already done part of it, so I’m doing my abbreviated history instead.

10 Years Ago:
I was finishing my junior year at BYU and trying to get better on the guitar. I was the messiest occupant in a four-girl apartment. I was singing in the Concert Choir w/ Mack Wilberg & played ‘Susanna’ in our Opera Scenes. Life was full of term papers, possible music connections, and dreams of getting married before I was 21 (didn’t happen, by the way. Why did I even want that?)

5 Years Ago:
Steven and I had been married for almost a year and living up in Libertyville, IL in a this tiny & dreary basement apartment (and were it not for newlywed love, it might have bothered me). I was teaching elementary music at Clearview School in Waukegan, and we were looking to buy a house (which we did 3 months later, and ohhh, I miss it so).

5 months Ago:
I was madly preparing for the Ward music program, wondering vaguely about when I was going to buy some gifts, and bracing myself for our first Christmas without Mom.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Isn't it crazy how quickly life changes? I hate and love it at the same time. We HAVE to progress, and so many good things happen, but of course with the good comes the awful too.

Jenni said...

The funny thing for me is that Derek and I have been together for most of my adult life so it is hard to remember what life was like before marriage and kids!