Monday, March 17, 2008

Premature Worrying

I’m more or less positive that my fitness accountability progress comprehensively disappeared this weekend. I don’t know for sure yet, but I’m predicting a positive integer in my little graph on Friday. Sigh…. Curse you, Dad, with your delicious barbecuing skills!

I've been sad today. I know I expressed the uncertainty of Steven’s getting hired on down in Galveston in a previous blog, but he now has an interview scheduled and the prospect's looking solid. And I know I shouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch, but I’ve been counting away, and the numbers seem high. And while it would be such a great opportunity for our financial growth, it would break my heart to leave my hometown again. But everyone has to grow up sometime, I suppose.

I was born in Arlington, I went to school here, I got married here and I’ve raised my little family here for 3 years. And just when the little things all start to fall into place and my kids and I are finally making friends and plans, the Lord smiles at me and says “Not so fast, Jenny,” and the path twists again.

I hate change. But it’s good for you right? Makes you stronger, all that good stuff?

Whatever.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well, for what it's worth I don't want you to go. But if you have to go and it is such a great opportunity I will try to be happy for you.

Jenni said...

I second Bonnie's comment. I was excited to live in FL and then we moved and I cried for the first six months. We talked about moving back home, did, and now I find that I miss FL and we have discussed moving back when the kids are all grown. I do know that it was a great experience for us to be there, even though we really missed all our family. We had our worst fights there but also the most growth, and I think that our time spent there and the strength we gained in our marriage is the only thing (besides our covenants to one another) that has kept us together over the drama of the past several years. If you go, I know you will end up loving it and it will be a great thing for y'all.

Kelli said...

Oh, we would totally miss you. I know what you mean about "Not so fast..." Bryce has a possible opportunity coming up, and while I've wanted to move FOREVER, I'm now finally feeling comfortable and happy with good friends and an awesome ward. I feel like for those reasons alone, the move is imminent. We'll see. And we know you'll love it if it happens, eventually. We'll all keep in touch.

Shellie said...

I know what you mean. Now that our family is taking off and we actually have a reason to stay around my family and Jon's we are moving to North Dakota, with a possibility of moving back in 10 years. It will be a change but what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger, right? I don't think reality has set in yet.

Jenny said...

I totally feel the same way. STronger is good.....right?