Friday, March 14, 2008

Just Keeping Up

Another great potluck Thursday yesterday (Hooray Betsy!). It was so nice to sit, eat mostly food that, thankfully, I didn’t cook, and talk with all the other moms about everything and nothing. Sometimes you end up clicking with someone you never thought you’d get to know. Mom used to always tell me how important it was to develop female friendships after marriage. Anyway, it was great fun and good conversation while the kiddies played.

We’re driving down to Galveston again today to visit Dad. It’s a very crazy time to go, what with the Choir program being next Sunday AND the Easter Egg Hunt to put together for next Saturday. But we really wanted some time to just VISIT with Dad, instead of having to work while we’re down there. So this is our official relaxation vacation (I’ll try to remember that while driving 300 miles with two little monsters in the backseat).

Lastly, it’s Fitness Accountability Friday, and things are still going my way! I lost another 2 lbs and have only 10 more to go before May 1st. (Knock on wood).

Feb 29: -1 lb.
Mar 7: -2 lbs.
Mar 14: -2 lbs.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Hey! Is there potluck next week? Wastn't sure since it's Spring Break. I'm off all week so I might try and come!

Jenny said...

Missy- Yay! You have to come! I'm not sure if it's happening or not, though, because I know Betsy's doing Arlington Sparkles over Spring Break. But even if it's not, we should still get together SOMEWHERE and have potluck, because I'm a big fan.

elisa said...

How about at a park? or someone else's house if it's raining?

Jenny said...

ah-ha! just got an email from Betsy so I guess potluck's on this week at her house!