Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And Now, Progress...

We put one coat of paint on the CEILING of the master bedroom today. Could this be the actual beginning of the house’s honest-to-goodness makeover? I’m skeptical, but still hopeful. Of course, while we were at Home Depot, we knew that we had a painting extension pole in the garage, but guess what. No pole. Aching arms. Oh well, back to Home Depot tomorrow.

We also actually found some carpet that happened to be the perfect dimensions for the room (12’x11’). It was in the ‘returned carpet’ bin and was therefore breathtakingly inexpensive. It’s actually pretty nice, too. We’re no where near installing any carpet, but the thought that’s it’s sitting in the garage, ready to go, comforts me somehow.

Steven submitted a resume to my brother’s company, Anico, a few days ago. It would mean, of course, packing up (once again) and moving to Galveston with the rest of the Howsley Clan. Just thinking about Galveston weather makes my make-up melt. But it’s a great opportunity for Steven, and a COMPLETE change of scene, work-wise. I’m torn, but I guess I don’t have to be anything yet. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

Alright, break’s over. Back to painting. (did I mention the ceiling? ugh.)

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Two things. You have inspired me with your Hinckley challenge and I am getting caught up. Started on Sunday and just finished 1st Nephi.
Second - when we bought our FL house the previous owners had smoked cigs and more, so we had to paint every paintable surface with oil-based Kilz before we could repaint the ENTIRE house. Derek swore we would never do that again and that is why this house was already completely painted nicely when we bought it.

P.S. Girl's night April 19th. my house b-day party for my mom. More deets on all the fun happenings later.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

You've a brave soul. You've seen my house, obviously I have no aversion to painting. But ceilings? I've yet to tackle that one. Good Luck!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

ARGH! Not you too...first Kelli, now you. I wish ya'll the best, though! Whether it be here or Galveston. Boo for humidity!

Missy said...

Good luck with the renovations! That totally makes me want to go to Home Depot to check the carpet returns! We need new carpet so bad!

And Galveston?! We'd be so sad to lose you guys!! You'd have one killer tan, though!

Bonnie said...

Ack, no! Remodeling is good, moving is bad. Although if it is what is best for your family I will have to get over it and be happy for you. :) We have to get together for a digi-scrapping date sometime soon, just in case you do end up relocating to Galveston. Then at least you will have a new hobby and if you go digital, you will have less clutter to move with you. (I love that all of my supplies fit in my computer.)