Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Origins of Grundy Love...

When Steven and I first started dating, I knew after awhile that he was ‘the one.’ He was the last love of my life. No more pursuit, no more pining. I was through drifting from heartbreak to heartbreak, wondering when it was all going to end. I knew that my search was over, and in the days to come I’d finally find that stability I’d been looking for.

Oddly enough, it took us 2 years to decide the whats and hows and wheres of getting married. Very odd for a BYU couple, I know. I actually had a friend (well-meaning, but irritatingly so) who told me quite bluntly we obviously needed to fish or cut bait.

Two ridiculous years we wasted wondering if we were should wait for a lightning bolt through the heart, telling us it was definitely the right move. But you know, I’ve never really been a lightning bolt type of person.

It reminds me of a favorite quote:

Somewhere in your quest …is the moment when you have gone to the edge of the light and step into the darkness to discover that the way is lighted ahead for just a footstep or two. –Boyd K. Packer

Thank goodness we leaped.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Don't feel too bad, it took Derek and I two years to make it down the altar as well.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Slow is good, as long as the finish line is still in sight Ü.
I love your new background and blog-look, very cute!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

You guys are an adorable couple!
(And didn't the tortoise and the hare teach us it doesn't matter have fast you finish the race as long as you keep going.)

The Eldredges said...

Reminds of something Mike always says about BYU: A ring by spring or your money back. By the way, your blog looks good! Let me know if you want more details on changing the background.

Shannon said...

I love hearing couples stories, I like that ya'll waited long to MAKE SURE! And your blog looks so pretty! I like the 3 columns

Bittles said...

you guys are perfect for each other! thanks for the help last night (sorry it was sooo late!)