Saturday we went to a really great birthday party (complete with slip-in-slide and oh yes, I did partake). I swear I have more fun at those kids’ birthday parties than my actual kids do. It’s my only chance for adult socialization. You know…where I can talk without using excessive inflection in my voice. It’s nice.
Sunday was Father’s Day. I had been saving my cleaning money for about a month in order to buy “Guitar Hero” for Steven. It was a big hit. I can really see how you could get addicted to that game. It’s so idiotic and yet so fun.
We invited my dad, Adam and Jessica over that night, and Steven cooked up some insanely delicious barbecued ribs. (Thank you, Emmaly, for the recipe!) They were to die for, and I think I might have gained back 10 lbs just smelling their delicious aroma. Steven is an absolutely amazing cook (not to mention the best daddy in the universe).
As for me, well, I guess I just haven’t really wanted to write a lot lately. I’ve been rather over-obsessed with not being able to get pregnant, and I’ve been having kind of a hard week. This is my 12th month of nothing, which gives us the official title of “infertile.” Secondary infertility—I do already have my two beautiful boys --but it’s been pretty heart-breaking, nonetheless. I can’t remember crying like this in a long time. Like I said… a rough week.
If only our insurance paid for ANYTHING having to do with infertility, we could AT LEAST have some diagnostics done. But seeing as how the fertility specialist gave us an estimate of around $5000 out-of-pocket (JUST for the diagnostics, mind you), I just don’t see that happening any time soon.
Oh well. Back to trusting in God and focusing on other things. As if that were possible.