Well, I’ve lost ten pounds and 3 ½ inches so far. That’s good, right? Unfortunately, that’s only a small fraction of what I need to get rid of. But who cares, WHOO-HOO!
A few upsides to my doing Weightwatchers---
1)I don’t hate myself at the end of the day due to unwarranted (and constant) pigging out.
2)I’ve stopped avoiding my scale, and we now have a stable relationship.
3)I don’t feel sorry for myself all the time, because I just eat what I want but less of it. I mean, I try to make better choices, but no celery sticks and tofu for me, thank you. And I even have enough wiggle room to go out to eat on the weekends once or (if I’m sensible) twice.
4)Being “weighed-in” at the meetings is a big incentive for me for some reason. I guess having a non-partisan person telling me “Hey, you’re getting skinnier!” is just cool beans. And the meetings themselves are pretty good because they get me mentally “in the zone.” I need a dose of that every week.
5)It’s working. Dang-it, its working and nothing else ever really has. Or let me rephrase, plenty of things have worked in the past, but I’ve never stuck to it for this length of time. (Except before my wedding…but that was just straight-up bootcamp and I had some major incentive).
6)Everything I ever tried before was just a means to an end, but this seems like something I could live with indefinitely.
7)The more I work out, the more points I get to splurge. So I’m finally working out and seeing some (tangible) benefits. (And I get a weird, smug feeling of righteousness if I DON’T use these splurge points).
8)I can fit into some pants that I wasn’t able to wear in November. Rock on. Unfortunately, my jeans don’t fit anymore and I LOVE my jeans. But again, who cares? WHOO-HOO!
11 comments:
You go girl!!! That is so exciting! You are such an inspiration to me!:)
Jenny! That does deserve a WHOOO HOOO! Way to go! I may have to buckle down and try it out, I think the meetings sounds like something that would really help keep a lady motivated.
Don't forget the empowering feeling you get when you overcome the urge to splurge (like you totally did today). You rock!
You are amazing!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you.
jenny, congratulations!! That is so awesome! Keep up the good work and those jeans will be fitting again soon. :)
Wow! I need to get some motivation too. By the way, I actually just noticed the link to your blog on the Heck's blog the other day, so I figured you knew them. I knew them when we were in College Station. It's a small world!
You just make me laugh!! Congratulations!! You can do it lady!! I am so glad to hear you up beat and happy!! I can just see the smile on your face as you type your blog!! Good JOB!! Love Ya Hun!!
Oh no, Solveig, you misunderstand! The jeans are too big now! I guess I was unclear.
You are an inspiration to me! I'm glad to know I won't be the only Grundberg dieting when I wake up tomorrow and start...(it will be Monday, afterall!)
I remember the sadness of my clothes not fitting but it is soon completely overwhelmed by the awesomeness of getting smaller and smaller.
That's awesome! It is so hard to do something and stick with it, so I'm glad you've found something you can work with. I think anyone who's had kids has that feeling of "oh crap, I can't fit into my clothes anymore". It is always so much nicer to make progress in the other direction. You go girl!
Post a Comment