Thursday, September 25, 2008

Going Crazy

All of us are. We are all driving each other nuts. I never thought I could be so entirely irritated with everyone I love, but here I am. This close proximity with little or no privacy is the pits. Seriously, I hadn't realized how much Steven and I depended on those 37 1/2 hours of separation each week to keep things fresh between us. Because it's not fresh right now, people. It's downright funky.

I don't know about anyone else, but something happens to me when my husband is home. All the sudden I assume I too am on vacation, and all the caretaking that's usually a part of my daily routine stops in its tracks. The dishes pile up, the kids aren't dressed yet, beds never get made and dinner is take-out. But I'm making a pact with myself to try and go throughout my day productively, despite my sweet husband's presence.

And we are seriously getting on each other's nerves. We're snipeing at each other about, say, who left the toothpaste cap off, or who forgot to stain-wash the clothes before doing laundry, or whether Michael or Dwight is actually the most annoying person on "The Office."

I think we're ready for a breather.

Disclaimer: Anyone who knows me knows how much I totally adore my husband and realizes that this entire post is just me blowing off steam.

7 comments:

Shellie said...

I don't entirely know how you feel only because my husband isn't home 24/7 but he is home an awful lot during the day because of school and sometimes it helps to vent. I am getting used to it but it's still hard. I hope things get back to normal for you soon!

~Darcy~ said...

I feel like you feel every weekend! I am glad to know I am not the only one that feels this way with their hubby. Ohand I think Dwight is the most annoying. I am so excited for the premiere tonight!

Carina Olsen said...

Chris has been out of work since the storm... Stupid IKE! So he has been home all the time. It messes with the kids daily routine. Mine too. Sadly now I won't have him for a week since he is going to Costa Rica. Bummer. Jenny... I still think you need to write a book about your adventures.

Mandie said...

You know there are some people that actually work with their spouses??? I love my husband to death, but I couldn't do it. Space is good.

Bonnie said...

That was a big reason why I went back to work, even though I didn't really want to. Tyson works from home and I felt like that for 3 1/2 years! It is so much easier to appreciate someone when you have a chance to miss them.

Jenni said...

If you don't have a place to vent abou tthe silly things that boys do to drive you crazy, it would be even harder to stay married to him and then where would you be?
I used to feel like that when Derek would take vacation time. After the first day or two I wanted him back at work and out of MY house!

elisa said...

I think I am the only wierdo who likes my man at home. Sometimes.
it's better than if we are on vacation together, for some reason he gets cranky...
I lost your cell phone # but I'd really like to talk to you?!
Can you get back into your choir or gym? That might help for stress?