
That’s right, I won. This is the 3rd time this week that one of these heinous wasps has wriggled its way into my home and terrorized my family and me (well, really just me). I’m getting quite nervous. What if there’s a nest under our bathroom sink? Well, I definitely won’t be checking.
This guy brazenly flew into the living room like he owned the place. Of course I jumped up and screamed like he was some sort of radioactive African Killer Bee. I got our fly-swatter (that flimsy thing! so stupid of me!) and stalked it with ridiculous cat-like caution. I finally got a good swat at him, but I swear it just gave him super strength and it zoomed into the bathroom.
Why am I so terrified of wasps? At the very worst, the thing could have landed on me and given me a sting. I wouldn’t have been poisoned, disemboweled or tortured in any way. But just the thought of something being little enough to creep up and “get me” is enough to freak me out entirely. I’m just waiting for one to lay in wait and viciously sting me right on the butt when I use the bathroom.
Anyway, after hyperventilating for several minutes, I was finally able to corner it in the kitchen with the biggest phone book we had. I squashed it with a bizarre fervor. The crunch felt great.
So anyway, summing up, I smashed him good.
4 comments:
Holy canoli! Thats a big 'un. I've had two in the house this summer and its SCARY....cause you're just going about your day like normal and BAM there it is!!! ARGH. Bugs suck.
Good for you! 1 for the home team! I hate wasps or any bugs that come in to my home. Jon kills them with his bare hands but me...I run screaming or call my poor sister in law over to kill them for me. We don't have wasps up here but we have TONS of bees! I can't wait til winter!
Eeek! I think I am abnoramally terrified of wasps, bee's, and the like. They make me hyperventilate with fear, too. Big kuddos to you for killing one!
OH MY GOSH!!! They scare me, too! So very much. I've never been stung, so it's like this fear of the unknown. About a month ago, one was in the house and Bryce was working that night. I tried to swat him, missed and made him mad. I couldn't find him, so I holed the kids in my room and dressed in full winter garb to cover all skin. Still couldn't find him. I ended up calling my dad and making him drive all the way to my house to get him.
I commend you on your bravery - I could never do it myself.
Post a Comment