HOWEVER, this doesn't mean I've given up on working out. Instead, we joined the nearby YMCA. It ROCKS! For less than we were paying at the other place, they have EXCELLENT workout epquipment and group classes AND we get a free pool membership. This is especially excellent considering the adorable little kids pool they have.
We spent the entire afternoon at the pool. The kids had a marvelous time. And I (being an idiot) was so intent on spraying sunscreen all over my face and my children, completely forgot to spray my back. The good news is that I no longer have a farmer's tan. The bad news is that my back is now a charred lump of red flesh.
7 comments:
Charred lump of... eww, Jenny.
I'm so glad you found the YMCA! I wish there was one around here. I work out at a ladies only gym, wich is great, but the child care is the same way. It's small, not very clean and there are waaaay too many kids in there and poor Carter gets trampled. I really hate leaving them there.
That pool looks fabulous! I'm glad you found such a great place for you to work out and the kids to play.
Yay!! YMCA's and Rec Centers seem to be where the "normal people" are Ü. (no offense to those who have memberships at the nip/tuck gym!)
And that water place looks AWESOME!
That pool for the kids does look awesome. How fun! I don't blame you about the nip/tuck gyms. It's like a whole different world.
I'm glad you found a gym with a better fit. When I was actually exercising last summer I had a family membership at the Y, and Ren loved it.
I am glad you found a fun place to work out but here are some tips for your back. Put shaving cream on your back until it starts to dry and then rinse with cold water. Also you can try apple cider vinegar!! The shaving cream really did wonders on my legs and they are not peeling! I could'nt reach my back with it and I should have just had Nic do it, but he thought I was nuts for putting it on my legs! It does not immediately stop the burn but by the next day it looked and felt 100% better!
I love the Y. You shoud take a yoga class. It is the best stress reliever ever.
Post a Comment