Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jungle Boys

Sunday afternoons are pretty standard for us. We come home from church and change out of our church clothes; the little boys stripping down to their skivvies. Then we like eat something marvelously healthy like frozen pizza, followed immediately by what we’ve titled “Mandatory Nap Time,” meaning EVERYONE must nap before going over to Grandpa’s house for dinner.

Today the boys were strangely excited to be “Jungle Boys” (which is our personally coined term meaning no clothes except diapers/underwear…you know, like “Mogley” from “The Jungle Book”). After stripping David down to his diaper, he excitedly ran into the kitchen and very clearly said to Daddy “Daddy, wook, I a joogel boy.” Too cute.

My Jungle Boys

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Does that "mandatory nap" thing actually work with yours? Ren will "play quietly" in her room, sometimes more quietly than others, but she hardly ever takes a nap anymore.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I just want to know if mandatory nap time includes Mom?

Shannon said...

LOL, Jugle Boys, that is so cute! My kids LOVE to be nekkid too. And I love Sunday nap time too!

Mandie said...

You really should teach them the Tarzan yell.

Jenny said...

No, Stevie doesn't really nap very willingly...mostly he ends up playing computer games on starfall so intently that we don't even hear him. Of course, this truly affects the quality of nap MOM gets...meaning I just rest my eyes and doze...still nice, though. It doesn't affect DAD'S nap at all!

Jenny said...

ANNNND, while they don't as of yet know the tarzan yell, they do enjoy jumping around and "ooh-ooh-ahh"-ing like monkies. (In fact, that's what they're doing in the picture)

~Darcy~ said...

That is so cute! Great idea too!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Too cute!
I LOVE naptime :)...and am not looking forward to the days when the girls aren't as tired as me!!

Jenni said...

I promise that if you all let your kids live to be teenagers, than the whole family will get quality nap time whenever the parents want it!