The first counselor of the bishopric came by about an hour ago to ask us to give a talk in Sacrament meeting THIS SUNDAY (HELLO?!!) And this isn't one of those listener-friendly talks, either. It's THE ADVESARY AND ENDURING TO THE END!! Hmmmmm...which delightful subject should I expound upon....suffering of the pioneers, perhaps? (It would serve them right).
My nephews came down with my sister-in-law for a visit this week. I had them spend the night with us last night so they could have a day to play with Stevie and David before they left. I love my nephews so much. They are such hilarious, fragile, irritating, beautiful little boys. I remember being there when Andrew was born, and now he's just had his 10th birthday! He's all arms and legs and enormous feet and big blue eyes. When Zack was born, he was 3 months premature, and I could hold him the palm of my hand. We worried so much that he would be held back in life because of his premature birth, but instead he's a thoughtful, quiet and perfect little 6year old. Stevie and David adore them both.
I don't spend a lot of time with my brother's family and so I don't get to see my nephews often. They tend to drive me crazy with talk of Star Wars but I love them so much, and I'm so glad that when we do get together, I can still hear them yell "MIMI!" and see them run to me with big hugs.

4 comments:
So you had a houseful of boys! What crazy wild fun! And we will MISS you this weekend, I was so excited to see you :( but yay for working out! LOL
What cute pictures of your nephews. How fun that they got to come visit and play.
That stinks you can't come this weekend!! I was looking forward to see you, too. :( Another time.
The first counselor came by to ask you to talk at church?! Josh is speaking this Sunday at church, too. Though his topic is Pioneer's.
That looks like tons of fun! I'm glad you and the boys got to visit with your nephews. I'm sorry we won't get to see you this weekend, but I'm sure there will be other opportunities. Make sure to have a fun weekend anyway!
Somebody is looking SKINNNNY...and no its not Stevie! Lookin' good, sister :).
It stinks that you can't come up this weekend! :( I know you were really looking forward to it.
One thing you CAN"T use as an excuse...a place to stay. I have a room for you, and your family is welcome to come too (hehe, jk!) ...a futon that is not so uncomfortable with your name on it!! So, next time, please stay with us! (I'm totally being selfish in this, you know that, right?)
Post a Comment