Not much to report. Besides doing Story Time this morning at the library, we did absolutely nothing. What’s worse, I didn’t even go to the gym. Considering the food I eat, this is a dangerous thing. This new gym is just a little hard to go to. Everyone there is either a hulking beefman (male) or a Size -2 (female) and they all seem to narrow their eyes hostilely at anyone who doesn’t live, eat and breathe working out. And what’s more, I never actually SEE these people working out. Mostly they just walk menacingly around the gym and congratulate each other on their ripped pecs and gluts.
Could this be the beginning of the end of exercising for me? It was so easy today to say, “No, I guess I won’t go today.” Goodness knows what size I’ll balloon to if I DO stop going.
You know, I just don’t FEEL like doing anything. I just want to sit around the house with the kids and read books all day. I find myself doing just that lately, and then scurrying around the house 30 minutes before Steven gets home to frantically clean and pretend like I’ve been productive. Either I’m having some kind of counter-attack from all the running-around I did in Arlington, or I’m just tired. of. going. out. It’s too hot. My boys are too hard to wrangle. It’s Wednesday. You name it, I’ve got an excuse.
8 comments:
Ahhh...sweets! I know the feeling, though. There are days when I just don't want to do anything...and several times I wish I could sleep in instead of working out (and I did this weekend!).
Crossing finger and toes that this lethargy will lift!! Miss you. I seriously wish I had a better car, one that could make the drive to Galveston...that way I could just pile the girls in, turn on the dvd player and be on your doorstep in hours!!!
STOP TEASING ME! That would be too much fun!
I think lethargy must be contagious. I submit my filthy house as evidence.
Are you really coming for the thingy? B/C that will be fricken awesome? are you coming ALL WEEKEND??? B/C that would be SWEET!
All I did today was play on the computer and design my new kit...while my kids watched television ALL DAY. Seriously, 4+ hours of television. At least you are reading to your kids. I'm going to have to make up for today all week! I hope you get more energy soon!
So I'm not the only one who completely loses track of time when I'm digiscrapping?
Oh, my gosh, I could have written your last paragraph for you! But you are so hilarious about the gym, and I know exactly the types of people you are talking about. But you are hotter!
So I haven't been to the gym in weeks and my counter measure of anorexia is failing miserable as well. I think this lethargy is completely normal, it is called motherhood. Sometimes it just attacks you and refuses to let go for a while. It does get better. I think?!
Post a Comment