Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eeeek!

I have to give my scary talk tomorrow in sacrament AND do singing time in Primary. I practiced my talk tonight and it's SEVENTEEN MINUTES LONG!! What the heck, when did I get so unecessarily verbose? Now I have to go back and figure out which parts to chop out so I won't be remembered as "that woman who made Sacrament run over..."

My singing time activity involves popping balloons, which I thought sure to be a success with the kiddos. I DIDN'T, however, think about how the noise factor might alarm people in the hallways. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

OH! New to the ward talks are so scary, you are going to do great though, you are too funny for anyone to get bored!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Popping balloons is an AWESOME idea!! Just close the doors, and ignore the looks from the older teachers (I have this one lady who gives me fireballs from her eyes during some of my sharing times!). It would be SO AWESOME to be the Music Leader.
I hope your talk went well! You know the 2nd speaker ALWAYS appreciates the 1st speaker being verbose (nice word!). We have been slipping under the wire....over a year in this ward and no talks yet!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Hope your new to the ward talks went well. Those can be fun and scary. And popping balloons for singing time sounds like fun! The kids in our Primary were all off the wall today.

Bonnie said...

I second what Sarah said, I am always grateful for a long-winded speaker before I have to give a talk. I am always so nervous that I speed read the talk and finish it in half the intended time!

Mandie said...

Yeah, but you always end up talking a mile a minute (at least I do) because of nerves, so maybe it was just the right length. How did it go?

Jenny said...

Honestly, you're all right! I talked so fast, evidentally, that it came out maybe a bit long, but relatively all right. My husband, however, talked FOREVER!

~Darcy~ said...

Nic had a talk yesterday too! How ironic! He loves to speak in public though. He was a little upset that he only had 10 minutes!
I am sure you did great though! You are faboulous in front of audiences!!