Friday, August 1, 2008

Sick

I'm sick. I've got a cold and it stinks. I haven't done anything for two days. And the thing is, even though I'm truly and sincerely sick, I still feel guilty, like I'm being a slacker. Unfortunately, I don't feel guilty enough to get out bed and get anything done.

Don't you miss being a kid sometimes? How when you got sick everyone took care of you, and it was almost like a holiday because you got to stay home from school, and sometimes you were allowed to make a pallet on the couch and watch TV all day while Mom brought you soup or Sprite to settle your stomach? And when 3:30 rolled around and all your siblings came home, you felt a little letdown, like after a birthday party or Christmas? I miss that sometimes. Steven is good to me, but I still miss it.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I feel like that EVERY time I get sick! And I love how what you described is EXACTLY what I did as a kid. Those were the days. I loved, loved, loved having my Mom all to myself.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I wish that I loved near you so I could come take care of you! Or at least take your children away so that you could rest in peace and guilt free. :)
And you're right, no one takes care of you like Mom.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad Steven is taking good care of you, but I'm sorry you are sick. I agree with you that there is nothing as an adult that compares to the way it was to be taken care of when you were a kid. I still wish that I could give up all of my responsibilities every once in a while and have someone take care of me. I hope you feel better soon.

Sherry said...

Jenny,
Sorry to hear you're ailing. But don't feel badly about wanting to be coddled. I still long for my mom when I'm feeling lousy and I'm 50 years old. I think we all need to be taken care of from time to time.

On another note, just wanted to let you know that I now have a blog (not my old one that I had for my graduate work) where I hope to share interesting tidbits. If you want to link to it, the address is:
http://sherrycherie.blogspot.com

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Hope you feel better!!!
We never get "sick days" as mom's do we?? James was sick just a few days ago and he just sat around doing nothing...just being sick. And I would look at him and think that I could NEVER do that! Well, I'm sure I could, the house wouldn't fall down around me...but like you said, I would just feel dang guilty!
I hope it passes soon Ü!

Kelli said...

Bryce has to be good when I'm sick, because of the ridiculous way he behaves when he's sick. And, yes, you exactly described my sick days as a kid! Funny how I hate Sprite until I'm sick and then I want nothing else. Hope your are feeling better now.