Well, Steven and I made it into the Bay Area Chorus. It was quite odd, actually. They already had us on the roster and the seating chart before auditioning us (does this bode well or ill?) Anyway, I'm really excited. Rehearsal last night was great, and the choir sounded really good. We're singing famous opera choruses at our fall concert, like "The March of the Toreadors," "The Anvil Chorus," and "Habanera" from Carmen. So awesome. Our director really knows what he's doing. It's just so nice to be out there doing something you love and surrounded by other people who love it too; all of you creating something together.
On a cruddier note, I was told by the good people at the YMCA that the play pool is already closed for the summer because school started on Monday! Not cool, Mr. Membership Salesperson, who told us it would be open until the water temp got below 70 degrees. What the heck, it's a kiddie pool! Why can't it be open for the kiddie's not in school yet? Do they have ANY idea how scorching and unbearable it is outside if you're not in a pool? Oh well, I'm still a totally devoted member. They've already roped me in.
5 comments:
CONGRATS!!! But like there was EVER a question about ya'll not making it...your talent obviously preceded you, since they already had your seats picked out!! I can just IMAGINE singing with chorus like that.....pure harmony. I would probably start bawling every time! :) hehe.
And poo on the YMCA dude. Seriously...Im with you, why would they close it?! Half the kiddies that use it probably aren't even IN school!!!!
I'm glad that your first practice with your new choir went well. Sounds like good music for your first concert with them, too.
That stinks about the pool at the YMCA. Although the city pools here, that I got a membership to, closed last weekend too because of school. I'm assuming it's because all of their employees are high school students.
I am so jealous. I really miss being in the SWFL Symphony Chorus and honestly do not have the time for anything else right now. Maybe after Ash & I graduate and I have some evenings free again. I am sure the Arlington Chorus director called and had y'alls spots reserved for you!
- Just take the boys to the YMCA and toss them in the indoor pool. That is how you find out if your kid knows how to swim. (Isn't it?)
Yay! I hope the choir is as good or better than the Arlington Chorus!
Congratulations on the choir! You'll have to let us know when a big concert is coming and maybe some of us can journey down to support you. We love you and miss you!
Sherry
Post a Comment