Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Photo of My Family


I post pictures of my own little family all the time, so I thought I'd post my very favorite of the Howsleys (my family). This picture was taken in July 2004, which was a particularly happy time because not only was my brother Adam getting married, but I was a kajillion months pregnant with our first baby (Stevie). I remember feeling such an intense, joyful connection with my family that night.

My littlest brother Joey is out front. The guy with the glasses and goatee on the far left is my oldest brother Jeff. Adam (the groom) is on the far right. Aren't they good-looking?

And then there's Mom and Dad. Wow, my parents were happy that night. (Well, they weren't so happy after the reception, because my sister-in-law's family was being a bit difficult). But at the reception---their eyes just glowed with contentment. And just look at how much they love each other. I love the way my mother is snuggled up coquettishly around my dad's neck. And my dad--he just looks so proud and happy to be in the middle of us all. I know he misses that.

My family is a lot of things, but I can tell you this---we love each other. We always have. Even when it's hard to do. And I think it shows here.

Oh, and I like this one too:

3 comments:

Shelley said...

You were a cute pregnant lady =)

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I love that picture!

Jenni said...

I've always liked your family. What a great picture.