Day 14 of my 50 blogs in 50 days is "Dream House." I have absolutely no desire to write about my dream house. Mostly because I'm currently in the nicest house I've ever lived in. I'm pretty happy with it.
I guess I wouldn't mind if it had an upstairs playroom, or a viable upstairs linen closet, or a bigger backyard, or a pool. But heck, I also wouldn't mind 2 more bedrooms, an in-house movie theater and bowling alley.
You know what WOULD be great? To have a little land---like the ranch my grandfather used to own. He had several thousand acres in west Texas where he grazed cattle. It had a little tiny house on it we called "the farm." It might be nice to have enough land to really have a huge vegetable garden, and maybe some fruit trees. Someplace where you could open up your own backyard to the wilderness.
But all in all, what I have right now is just what I want. I love my litte red brick home. It's just right for me and mine at this particular moment in time.
But maybe in 20 years or so...or after we retire...maybe then some land will be in our future.
1 comment:
When Derek and I dream about winning the lottery (that we don't play, because how else would we acquire a ridulous amount of money to buy all the stuff we don't have now) we dream of a house that is about the same size as our current one, but with land and more entertaining space.
Like you though, I am grateful and happy with my current house, because it is by far the nicest place we have ever lived.
Post a Comment