
Seafood. Mmmmmm.
You'd think that since I'm living 30 minutes from the OCEAN I'd be eating seafood all the time. Unfortunately this isn't the case. I don't know why I shy away from actually cooking seafood myself. Maybe it's the general pricey-ness of seafood in supermarkets. Maybe it's the fear of getting it horribly wrong. Maybe I just don't want my home to smell like a fish house for a week afterwards.
Whatever the reason, I only seem to eat seafood when we go to a nice restuarant, which is equally seldom. Maybe the very rarity of my eating seafood is what makes me love it so much. Who knows? But it's good stuff.
But no sushi, please. The thought of eating raw fish makes my skin crawl.
3 comments:
Actual sushi isn't raw fish, it is often smoked. Sushimi is the raw fish one and I can't do that.
Jenny, I like you so much that I will forgive your love of seafood. :P
Mmm, seafood. We've had good luck preparing various kinds of seafood. I've done baked tilapia lots and it doesn't make the house smell bad. And we've shrimp at home which was delicious. And Josh cooked lobster once that was delicious. But I haven't tried any of the pricier fish.
And I like the sushi that I've tried. And it was all smoked.
Post a Comment