Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gradual Return to Normalcy

I finally feel like I’m getting over that hump—you know, the lethargy/queasiness hump that accompanies the first few months of pregnancy—and now I’m ready to rejoin the world. I had my 2nd doctor’s appointment today, which again cemented my respect and genuine liking of Dr. Griffis. She and I talked about my attack, and she eased my mind about the medication I took while in the hospital. And I got to hear the little heartbeat, which always calms and elates me simultaneously.

But as I was saying, I’m ready to get busy again. Time to evict the cockroaches (which granted, would be easier if our house didn’t have giant cracks in the doors) and scour the place. Did you know I actually ENJOY mopping? That’s something I usually like to keep under wraps—but there’s something soothing about swishing that water all over the floor. Weird, I know. If only I could just mop and never do dishes. Or if I could somehow mop the dishes. Anyway, I digress.

Stevie and David haven't had much fun this month, but they've been such troopers. The thing that always humbles me about my sweet kiddos is how they seem to WANT to spend time with me—even lately when I haven’t been the most interesting person in the world. They just like to be in the same room together. And because of their being such good sports over this past month of boredom, I really feel like we need to get out together and DO some things. Beach, zoo, Space Center—I dunno, whatever I can find that doesn’t cost money. And I’m certainly glad it’s getting a bit cooler so that we can go outside without baking to death.

So wish me luck as I once again attempt to rejoin society and become a contributing member of my family. Heck, I might even make dinner tonight....(might).

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, up and about and considering making dinner? Pace yourself, that's all I have to say. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I'm 4 days overdue today and ready ANY time the little guy wants to make his appearance. Maybe you can come make dinner at my house?

Shelley said...

I'm glad you are getting over the hump, I'm so jealous! I'm still impressed with all the things you have managed to do while pregnant. Looking for a house is not something I'd want to be doing right now, with all the extra stress it brings. I hope you guys find something soon.

Carina Olsen said...

If you can't find enough floors to mop, feel free to come do mine. :-) I'm glad that you feel a bit normal again. I hope that continues.

Jenni said...

Glad your feeling a return to the normal. Good luck with all the things in the works.

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

I hated being prego!! Hopefully it will stay better. Both of mine I was sick for like 6 months and then starting ti get uncomfortable, You are way lucky and you look great!! Hopefully a baby girl in the making!!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I'm glad that you are up and about and feeling better.
Making dinner is something I have a really hard time doing while pregnant.