Saturday, September 19, 2009

SPIDERMAN/ROCK-N-ROLL PARTY!

This year, we decided to combine Stevie and David's birthday party--since all of David's friends are Stevie's and vice versa. It was exhausting, but turned out pretty fun. (I don't know about you, but I hate throwing parties. I love GOING to them, but when I'm in charge...that's a whole different ball of twine).

AT ANY RATE, David wanted a Spiderman party and Stevie wanted a Rocker party, so we just smooshed it together and had a Spiderman/Rock Star party. Steven and I prepared with our usual wait-till-the-last-possible-minute technique to get everything set up at literally the eleventh hour.

We invited everyone to dress up as a rock star or superhero. Here's a few


We also played a little Spiderman game in the backyard. We gave the kids silly-string and let them hit the "bad guys" with their "Spidey Webs."

Not all the kids were crazy about the Spidey Web game--silly string was too sticky? :)


We had some pretty awesome costumes. Look at the mohawk on Colin! And I couldn't get over our glamorous diva Meda!


Steven went as Ozzie. Here he is, thrashing on a mini-guitar.


Jed seems to be rockin' a south-central LA "vato" look. But hey, whatever.


And isn't Marby's new look fierce? (And while he's not wearing it in his picture, Theron was the cutest Elvis I've ever seen).


We put out our guitar hero stuff and created a little "stage" at the front of the room that the kids could play rock star with. At first, everyone was a bit hesitant, but they warmed up in time!

Here's some ladies rockin' the stage. Ozzie's filling in on guitar.


Here's W. singing his repetoire. He was so cute!!


Afterwards, we sang to Stevie and David, and then let the kiddos decorate cupcakes (I made them do all the work). It was a madhouse, but they did a great job!


Here's the rocker family. I'm a knocked-up Pat Benatar and Stevie's a mini-Billy Idol. David initially wanted to be Spiderman--then Venom. Then he decided he just wanted a tatoo and regular clothes. He kept telling me his Venom costume was "too hot." Oh well.


All-in-all, it was fun. Glad it's over, but even more glad the kiddos had a good time. Happy Birthday, my sweeties.

4 comments:

Marby said...

We had an awesome time!! Thanks for the invite. Good job, Mom. I couldn't tell you procrastinated one bit.

Shannon said...

Jenny! It looks fantastic! Looks like the kids had a wonderful time, and you guys all look too cute. It's getting me excited for Nat's party, she has already decided she wants to do a Halloween theme, I am glad to see that if you ask for costumes, people play along!

~Darcy~ said...

I have to say, I LOVE your costume the most!! You look so awesome!! Good idea and costumes!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Fun fun fun!! Grundy, you know how to throw a good party!! :)