Friday, September 5, 2008

Playgroup and Robots

Today we had our first playgroup and it was fabulous. We must have a jillion kids in our ward under the age five, and I’m pretty sure all of them were there. It was a potluck just like we did in Arlington, and it really was a great way to meet and visit with some other mommies.

One thing I noticed today was that everyone seems to have only just recently moved into the ward over the past year or so. I actually met 3 girls (besides moi) who’ve just moved in within the past 3 months! So we’re all newbies together, and that was somehow comforting (though truly, I really can’t consider myself a newbie any longer, seeing as we moved here in June). So it’s time for me to stop caterwauling about being the new girl and try to make others feel welcome.

But seriously, it was like the balm of Gilead to chat with the other moms in the ward. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I forgot my children were there…several times in fact. Not a good thing. The boys could’ve been hitchhiking along the highway for all I knew.

When we finally got home, Stevie went over to his little friend’s house down the street. David was a tad put out at not being invited, and so we decided to play robots instead. And by robots I mean blocks, but for some reason he calls them “robots” so I at least tried to make a robot out of my blocks. Here’s mine:


Here’s David’s. I swear he did this completely by himself. Is it normal for a 2 year old to be able to stack blocks 9 high?


Anyway, he soon lost interest and promptly put the blocks container on his head, walking jerkily around the room and saying “GI-ANT-RO-BOT” in a monotone voice.


Strange kid. Hilarious, but strange.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay for playgroups! Sounds like it was a blast! And um, could he BE any cuter with the GI-ANT-RO-BOT?? That is adorable!

And um, how did you work it out that you got to send your kid by THEMSELVES to a play date? I think Nat is TOTALLY ready for those, but like you don't want to offend the Mommy! There is one mommy that I really enjoy, but we spent SO LONG there last time, that I would much rather just drop Nat off, any suggestions, Oh wise woman?

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

This sounds weird to say, but David looks adorable with the box on his head!
And I'm so happy to hear that they are doing fun get together things where you are now!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

#1-David is way too cute!
#2-Last night Bella prayed for Stevie and Stevie's mommy :)
#3-I'm SOOOO glad you are having fun with these people now!! YAY!
#4-LOVE THE NEW LAYOUT
and #5.....your music selection is RAD!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! I could sit here and listen ALL day!

Jenny said...

I have to admit that Shannon persuaded me that my old background was obnoxious. The only problem is my new background looks like shag carpet from the Love Shack.

Shannon said...

hahaha, I love, love the new layout Jenny! I'm sorry about the old background :(, LOL, but this one surely does rock! I love the header so much!

Stacey Grigg said...

Hi Grundberg's

This is LaNae (Killian) Grigg a long lost friend of Steve's from Rick's College about 15-16 years ago. Just wanted to say Hi and if you want to check out what we are doing....check us out at our blog...staceygrigg.blogspot.com...your boy mayhem looks familiar. We also have two boys (4 and 6) plus two girls (11 and 9 mo.). Hope all is well and would love to catch up sometime. Take care, LaNae