All in all, the variety show was not the fiasco I predicted. Steven did a wonderful job and I shouldn't have fretted so much! Thankfully my needless worrying did NOT come into fruition, and a hilarious time was had by all.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Variety Show
We had the Top Banana Variety Show at church on Friday night, and it was crazy fun. It did run a little long, but what are we going to say to people? “Sorry, we have enough acts already, so you can’t do yours.” And anyway, everyone seemed to enjoy it and we had yummy banana splits afterwards. (I don’t know why I say “yummy” banana splits…I hate banana splits…I like bananas and I like ice cream…just not together—big surprise--).
We had some guitarists, bassists, a harmonica solo, a performance by the Arlington Sparkles, some hilarious and idiotic skits, some singers, gymnastics, a rockin’ line dance routine and even a poetry reading. Sa Brown, Heather Clinger and I sang “I’m a Woman” by Peggy Lee, and it was really, REALLY fun. That song has the greatest Woman Power lyrics, and I think our husbands should read them twice a day.
All in all, the variety show was not the fiasco I predicted. Steven did a wonderful job and I shouldn't have fretted so much! Thankfully my needless worrying did NOT come into fruition, and a hilarious time was had by all.
All in all, the variety show was not the fiasco I predicted. Steven did a wonderful job and I shouldn't have fretted so much! Thankfully my needless worrying did NOT come into fruition, and a hilarious time was had by all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH my gosh! That looks like so much fun!! I'm so glad it turned out BETTER than expected :).
What a fun time! I am sorry we missed it :( I had to work! Looks like a blast!
It was lots of fun!
And I don't like bananas and ice cream together either, just seperately.
Post a Comment