Monday, May 12, 2008

Steven & Mother's Day!

Steven’s birthday was yesterday, and while I’m a little late, I wanted to do a post for him. Poor guy had to share it with Mother’s Day! We actually celebrated on Friday night by picking out a gift at Guitar Center and trying out a new restaurant called “Rockfish Seafood Grill,” (it was excellent, by the way…yummy snapper!) Not a fancy birthday, but that’s what he asked for, bless him.
Steven is the best thing in my life. He makes me laugh every single day with his crazy antics. He gave me my two beautiful children. He is the best, most involved and interested father I’ve ever seen. He can do just about anything, from fixing the carburetor to composing jazz pieces. He also can talk to anyone with ease, be it the President or the little old lady next door. I love him to pieces and am so glad he’s mine. Happy Birthday, Baby!

Mother’s Day was great. My boys made me these cute little things in primary/nursery.
And Steven bought me some beautiful flowers and gave me the entire day off. Priceless.


But it was a strange day. I kept expecting to burst out into tears or depression, but it never really came. I just haven’t been able to mourn my mom lately. I don’t want to talk about it and I don’t want to think about it. I cried a few times at church on Sunday, but I really feel that, at least for the present, I want to keep that door closed for awhile.

3 comments:

~Darcy~ said...

Your gifts are so cute! Good Job Boys! Also your hubby gets a huge gold star for the day! Good Job Steve and Happy Birthday!! I miss you girl. We should plan a visit for this summer. Maybe after the baby is born. What do you think? I am due Aug. 10th but as of now will be delivering at least a week early. So we could come and see you at the end of August of beginning of September! Let me know! Love Ya

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

The boys gave/made some great gifts for you!

And happy birthday Steven! Rockfish does have some yummy food.

Jenni said...

I'm glad that you had a nice Mother's Day.