Well, we’re in Galveston this weekend looking for a place to stay. It’s going to be tricky because we have to find a rental that will allow us a short-term lease, because we’re planning on buying a house in September. Steven’s going to be getting double paychecks through the summer (thank you Arlington ISD), which will leave us with a nice big down payment for a new mortgage. We could always just break the lease if it really comes down to it, but I do prefer not throwing money down the toilet.
I am NOT looking forward, however, to moving TWICE in the next 6 months. But, if it means a lovely 3 bedroom-2 bath is on the horizon, I guess I can brave the storm.
As for the trip down, I just want to thank the good people who invented portable DVD players. How in heaven’s name MY parents drove US around the country without a DVD to distract us is beyond me.
5 comments:
Good luck in your quest!!
And portable DVD players are a gift from the gods!! Maybe THAT's why our parents never buckled us in and let us play in the back of the station wagon! Ü
Ah! Good luck finding just the right place, I am sure you will! We missed you on Thursday, I totally spaced it! Maybe Tuesday we can get together and start banging out a quilt!
Good luck on your house hunting. I'm sure that you will find a good place to live now and a great house in the Fall.
Do you need help packing your current house? I know trying to pack up your stuff while still trying to live in a house is a pain. With school over I am free during the days and could help give you a hand.
I'm sure you'll find a great house to live in. You said you were looking in League City didn't you? My cousins have a nice house there.
I know you will find a house that is perfect for you guys. Have a great trip but know that we will miss you for girls' night.
Post a Comment