I sleepily got out of bed this morning, let my kids sleep in late, and all in all had a lazy morning. Of course by the time I got to the Rec center, I realized that oops, it was Tuesday, not Monday, and so their free babysitting time was over. But at least we got out of the house, right?
I had a marvelous Memorial Day. I can’t remember having such a good one. Early afternoon found us at the Grimmetts for a celebratory Memorial Day Barbecue. And if there is one amazing thing I can say about Mr. and Mrs. Josh Grimmett (and there are many amazing things), it’s that they know how to feed a guest! I’m still salivating over the memory of those fall-off-the-bone ribs and Julie’s baked potato slices.
But yesterday evening took the cake. My absolutely wonderful friends threw us a Going-Away party, and I was blown away by how fantastic it was. There was so much care and effort put into it, and they added so many considerate little touches. (My kids have been going crazy with the sidewalk chalk and bubbles and yes, Haley, Winterfresh LiveSavers do spark in the dark.) It was wonderful to be around all the people we care about and eat and talk and all-in-all just celebrate our friendship. I got teary-eyed several times, tried to be as stealthy as possible. We truly felt loved. Even Steven (whoa, that rhymed) remarked thoughtfully on the way home, “We have such nice friends.” Well-put, Steve-o.
6 comments:
I'm glad that you had a great day yesterday. (Josh does make good ribs, I've been enjoying leftovers today. And if you come to the lunch on Thursday I'll bring some more potato slices.)
Sarah and everyone did a great job last night. We sure will miss you. But I'm already excited about coming to visit.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the party! All those special touches were done b/c YOU and your family are such special people and we all care so much about you!!!
And umm..yeah...next year we better be invited for some of those RIBS, Miss JULIE!! LOL. Ü
The next time we have ribs you will definitely be invited Sarah!! I had just barely starting sending out evites for the thing at our house when we planned the party later that night at your house, so we ended up keeping things small over here.
Jenny, if I had been in town, I would have come to the going away party. I'm excited to visit y'all after our family reunion.
I was so bummed that we were still in San Antonio (not bummed that Ash and her team advanced though) and so we missed the celebration.
We love you, Jenny, and we are going to miss you so much. I'm glad we were able to see you, and you still need to come over this week!
Post a Comment