THOUGHT 2: I workout with this lady who has a little boy Stevie’s age. They play together a few times a week. But this lady keeps asking me “Have you told Stevie yet? Have you told Stevie yet?” Like I’m supposed to have a major sit-down with him and make him realize the horrible severity of it all. Yes, I’ve told him we’re moving to the beach where Grandpa and Adam and Jessica live. Have I told him that he’s leaving all his friends and that he won’t see them anymore? No. And forgive me, but I’m just not going to shove that down his 3-year-old throat right now.
THOUGHT 3: By the by, we’re having a garage sale this Saturday (on my anniversary, no less…how romantic is that??!!). So for any of you Junk Hoarders out there, stop by and get your fill. Email me if you want our address or a link to our craigslist posting. But here’s a few of the things we’re selling:
5 comments:
I've got at LEAST two stockings that look just like that!! And believe me, I get teased for that every year!
Yay for yard sales! Good luck!
Good luck with the sale! (And with the packing.)
I'm surprised (though I probably shouldn't be) that someone wants you to have a sit-down with Stevie about the move. It's not like there's something he can do about, why make him sad? I think it's better to focus on the positives (like living near his Grandpa). You don't need a depressed child to worry about while you're trying to pack either.
Yeah, I agree with you and Julie. There is no point in depressing your child just to meet some adult standard of disclosure. Change is hard enough for little ones without making them feel like they should be stressed out about a situation. It's not like you are shipping the kids off by themselves. You'll be with them and they will adjust just fine. Maybe you can think of something wonderfully snarky to tell this gal next time you see her, and deliver your line with a smile so she's not sure if you mean it or not.
Ha! I love to cross stitch, i Have about a million half done projects! And yeah, I agree, no need to scare him now, they say that for any large change in a toddlers life you only need to tell them a few days before, or they will worry about (for example starting school or moving or trips) I have found that this really works with Natalie, then she has a few days to get geared up, yet she isn't stressing in that way only babies can about it.
Hey – I’m “blog stalking” (although – we are now “bookclub sisters”, so maybe not . . .)
Do you have the kiddy tower (the plastic slide thing) already spoken for? If not, how much are you asking for? I’d love to claim “first bids” if that’s possible.
I’ll be on your side of town on Sunday afternoon. If you don’t mind shooting me an email, I’d love to get some specifics!
tcbishopATverizonDOTnet
- Cheree (a friend of Sarah’s)
Post a Comment