Well, the call came on Friday. Steven got the job, and we will be moving to Galveston the second week of June. I’m so full of excitement and happiness for Steve, because I know he’s going to be doing something he loves and I know he’ll do it well. I’ll also get to be close to my Dad, who’ve I’ve missed so much, as well as my bro & sis-in-law, Adam & Jess.
But my heart feels very sad, too. I want to leave with an adventurous heart, but I hate change and feel lonely and scared to start over again. I’ll miss the comfort and the familiarity of Arlington, and most of all I’ll miss my friends. You don’t even know how much all your friendship and kindness has meant to me this past year.
But President Hansen’s story today about the man who was asked to leave his fruit trees and farm and all his possessions to go and colonize another county filled me with hope. Not everything is about my needs and I really feel like the Lord wants us to go. It reminds me of a song by Alison Kraus that I love, called There Is a Reason. It goes like this:
Hurtin' brings my heart to You, a fortress in the storm
When what I wrap my heart around is gone
I give my heart so easily to the ruler of this world
When the one who loves me most will give me all
In all the things that cause me pain, give me eyes to see
I do believe but help my unbelief
I've seen hard times and I've been told
There is a reason for it all
But never fear…I promise to continue my endless rambling on this blog, and what’s more NOW everyone has a place to stay when they want to vacation in Galveston!
11 comments:
I'll miss you!!! I already have family in the area so now I have another reason I'll have to visit. My kids do love vacations to the beach.
Actually... I will be right near Houston at the end of June for a family reunion. You should just go ahead and plan on seeing me then. :)
I Seriously want to cry at this moment. I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I know you will do fine, your absolutely wonderful personality will bring you people who will love you as much as we do!
What do you need help w/ getting ready to go? LMK and I can watch your kids or pack a box ANY TIME!!
YOU WILL BE SO MISSED!!!! But yes, there is a reason for everything! And I can't wait to visit you on the beach!
Oh Jenny! Just when we were getting to be friends! You are SO awesome and we will all miss you dearly! and remember you too, have TONS of places to stay if you visit up here! I am so selfish, b/c I am sad, that I am losing a new friend! But how exciting too, for your family and new possibilities, and better jobs.
Oh, and now we HAVE to HURRY in teaching you to quilt! I will do it anytime, sewing is something we can do even with monkeys running around!
I knew this post was coming but that doesn't make it any better! We'll be in Houston sometime this summer for a baby blessing so maybe we'll meet you guys at the beach!! I'll let you know! Ben's never been to the beach.
All your Arlingon friends will still be here, promise, you just gotta keep blogging! Maybe someday you guys will find your way back here!
And I meant what I said about the going-away party! I'm on it!
Did someone say PARTY??!!!
I know this job will be such a good thing for you guys, so I am excited for you, even though I will miss you. The good news about the digiscrapping is that I can answer a lot of your questions via email or your scrapping blog, so we can learn more together. Tyson and I were already planning a trip down to Galveston some time in the next year, so we'll get in touch with you when we decide to come that way.
I won't miss you, cause blogging is the only way I communicate with you. :) Thank goodness for blogger!
Good luck with your preparations and the big move!
You are all welcome at the Galveston Grundberg House!!! And you KNOW I'm always up for a party... :)
OH, MEEP, JENNY!!!! (But yay for your opportunity.) You are such a (cheesy, sorry) ray of sunshine and such an example. We will miss you so much. We need to have ONE HECK of a girl's night before you go.
Jenny! You will be sorely missed! But I understand about the move. So many exciting opportunities are just waiting for you! We must all continue to blog to stay in touch!
Post a Comment