Monday, May 19, 2008

Shacks & Jitters

So here is our next residence from June 7th to Oct. 7th (notice the hurricane shutters on the windows). True, it’s a shanty, but a shanty that will house the Grundbergs while we scout out League City and make sure we actually want to live there. From all accounts, it seems like a pretty nice town. There’s just the one ward for the whole town (the League City Ward), and I’m just praying that it’s a good one. I’ve been horribly spoiled by 1st ward, so I’m not expecting too much.

I’m sick with nervousness and premature nostalgia. Did you ever have to switch schools midstream in junior high or high school? And you didn't know anybody, and you just wanted to hide in your bedroom closet and eat ice cream? Well, that was me in 9th grade, and it's happening all over again.

Plus we have this idiot talent/variety show on Friday and I just know it’s going to be a fiasco. I know, I know; I’m being a Debbie Downer today.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Jenny! We are gonna miss you so, but I bet your ward is gonna be great! Especially since they will all love you! And that house doesn't look horrible! As long as it is clean and safe, it works, right?

~Darcy~ said...

Congrats on finding a new home! Don't be nervous at all either. You are such a fun loven person that no one can resist you beautiful face!! I will pray for you, but you will be fine!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ok...Repeat after me:
I am embarking on a new adventure.
It's going to be hard, but with my bright, bubbly personality, people will flock to my side!

Seriously, though...go hide in that closet w/ your ice cream...then use that sugar high to make a playdate.
They will be SOOO lucky to have the Grundberg's in their midst!!

Mandie said...

What an adventure! Hope you like the new ward and city. You'll always have us in the blogging world. :)

Jenni said...

You know we will still be here for the moral support and everyone there can't help but love you too. We will miss you but I know this will be awesome for your family.