Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Steven's Baptism



On November 3rd, 2012 my wonderful son Steven decided to be baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I am in shock that my baby boy is already old enough to make such a life-changing commitment.  He's so grown up, and its bittersweet.



Grandpa Roddy gave a fantastic talk on Baptism, and our family friend Jed Greenfield gave another great talk on the Holy Ghost.  Ben Hewett played piano for us, and Steven's dad and I sang "A Child's Prayer" (and I blubbered through most of it).

Stevie and Grandpa Roddy
Uncle Joey came to show his love and support.

Steven Jr. was very somber and thoughtful during the ceremony.  When he came up out of the water, he just beamed.
Stevie was baptized by his father, Steven Sr.




Many of his friends and family were there.  After the baptism, we all wrote notes of encouragement and love to Stevie that he could read later.  The new primary president presented him with a beautiful white towel with his name embroidered in gold.  She explained that it was pure and stain-free, just like he was.  He loves the towel and sleeps with it every night.

Stevie with  his towel.
The Grundbergs (and a few Howsleys) all together after the ceremony.

So proud of this amazing kid!


Just a little note to Stevie:  Now it's your turn to study this gospel, figure out for yourself what's true and then serve that Truth with all your heart and strength.  It's a life-long process, but you've been blessed with the gift of the Holy Ghost, which will help you along your search.  Talk to your Heavenly Father, read the scriptures, study the gospel, and then put it all into action!  Forget about yourself and go out and find ways to help people!  It's the best prescription for happiness that I know.  I love you so very much and I am (as always) so proud of you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a very special and sacred day. As I read this post and looked over your pictures, I felt the spirit very strongly. I'm so amazed (but not surprised) by the wonderfully righteous, beautiful and talented family you have. You guys are an inspiration to me always. <3 Mags