Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Stake Christmas Program

Thank goodness it's over!  I always have a great time rehearsing for the stake choir Christmas program, especially since our director, Brother Busselberg, is a truly wonderful director.  But I absolutely abhor preparing for all the administrative details.  The phone calls and the meetings and the organizing, BLECH!  The music was absolutely lovely, though, and I really enjoyed singing in it.



This year was fun because Stevie and David were able to participate in the Stake Children's Choir that performed alongside the stake choir.  They came to rehearsals with us every Sunday and learned two 2-part songs (Sing a Glad Noel and Away in a Manger).  While both kids sang beautiful, David was definitely the more enthusiastic about participating (Steven has recently told me that he's more of an instrument guy, and has insisted that his voice gets too scratchy when he sings higher notes).  

David truly came into his own during choir practices.  He's always loved singing, but he was very excited about learning the part-harmony, and wanted to practice every day.  We would sit in the living room while I sang "Part 1" and he would sing "Part 2" to his songs.  It was such a sweet experience for me.  And they both performed beautiful in the children's choir.

Here they are in their children's choir 'uniforms'---white shirt, black pants and red ties.
Unfortunately, this was the best picture I could get of all of us at the performance.   And for some reason ONCE AGAIN we're all leaning slightly to the left.

I always feel such a rush when singing with the stake choir.  I am completely convinced that there will be a special place in heaven for those who love to sing----where we can sing in beautiful, powerful harmonies and connect with one another soul-to-soul.  I'm grateful that I get to have a little teeny preview of what it will feel like every time I sing with other lovers of music.



No comments: