This year, Joey and Lee offered to have Thanksgiving Dinner at their beautiful house in historic Galveston. I was thrilled. I knew that Joey was a great cook and that their home is always gorgeous. Plus, that meant an absolutely no-stress dinner for me. I just cooked up my faux cherry cheesecake, a banana pudding and some twice-baked potatoes and I was FINISHED. It was glorious.
Here's Joey and Lee setting out some food. They made a turkey breast, a rib roast (a Howsley tradition), green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, stuffing and pumpkin pie. Steve was in heaven.

Dad, Steven and the boys goofed off in the sitting room while preparations were still being made. Dad and David are pretty good buddies.

Steven looks pretty severe in this picture, but Jakie's had a pretty good time...
This was a more accurate portrayal of Steve's mood...
Dad, of course, carved the roast. It was mouth-wateringly delicious...
Joey and Lee in their gorgeous kitchen.
The table setting was beautiful, too. Absolutely perfect.
After our bellies were unforgiveably full, we all poked around looking through Black Friday ads. Jakie was tired out beyond belief.
I included this picture because of the maniacal look on my face as I'm marveling over the Black Friday deals. (Steven actually went this year. We got tons of deals---all while I was snuggly asleep in my bed). 
It was one of the best Thanksgivings I've had in a long time. And I just found out that in addition to Adam and Jackson, now Jeff is bringing HIS brood down for Christmas day! So we'll (almost) all be together for Christmas! I feel so giddy about it. I love my family so much.
2 comments:
What a great day. Oooh and please tell his house is beautiful. It is hard to believe we are all so grown up, at least in comparison to the high school kids I remember us as.
Their house is beautiful! Looks like a wonderful day.
Post a Comment