Friday Night was date night! We went roller skating with our friends, the Hewetts, in celebration of Ben's birthday.
I love this lady. She's nuts.

(And, uh, I'm not acting entirely sane here either...)
Now I haven't been roller skating since at LEAST college (and I'm going to guestimate probably 11 years we're talking about here). And it definitely showed. But truth be told, I never was the aptest roller skater in town anyway. I remember my friend Toni Shipley openly mocking me once when she saw my frantic movement at a roller rink back in the day. But I gave it a whirl anyway, and guess what? It was a blast. I still suck, but it was fun, and I want to do it again.
Of course, Ben and Cami were fantastic skaters. And STEVEN! Steven blew me away! You'd never know to look at him that he's an absolutely gifted skater. What a weird skill for a 37 year old man to possess. And, strangely enough, the only picture I took of him makes him look like he's going to topple over at any moment.
But I assure you it's an inaccurate portrayal.
So much fun. I love acting like a kid---espeically when I'm obviously one of the oldest people in the room. Any excuse to hang out with this guy...
3 comments:
I suck at roller skating, but you make it look like a blast!
That looks like a bunch of fun. Derek and I used to take the girls skating when we were first dating about every other week.I would actually wear rollerblades instead.
What a fun time! We have date night every Friday, but haven't tried roller skating. We've played putt-putt and gone target shooting though.
Post a Comment