This year we literally got the tree out of the box on Thanksgiving Day. And it wasn't even ME who was egging everyone on--it was the little boys this year. It's harder for Daddy to say no to them then it is to me. And so out came the christmas decorations.
We quickly noticed, however, that due to Jake's increasing mobility, we'll have to be extra careful this year. He was under that tree messing with ornaments in no time flat.
The next few days were dedicated to Christmas lights. On the street one over from ours, everyone puts up these homemade latern lights in their yard--comprised of PVC pipe and 2-liter bottles.
I decided to jump on the train and do it this year--and it was definitely not a walk in the park! But we had fun working together in the yard to put it together.

Who am I kidding, I'M happy--I just love multi-colored lights. And that's supposed to be the Star of Bethlehem at the top there, even though it's a little blurry.
(Just as a sidenote, as I write this, I'm watching Jake LITERALLY try to get up on his two feet. Unsuccessfully, but still, very impressive for 8 months. Now if he would only sit up...)s.
5 comments:
We actually put the tree up and bought new lights for the house and put them up as well this past weekend. Usually it is more of a last minute thing at our house.
Your decorations (and family) are beautiful.
I am impressed! Good Job!
Oooh, your house looks so pretty! I love the outside lanterns.
Shelley, they were pretty easy to make! Let me know if you want to know how, and I'll send you the instructions!
Your house is gorgeous! I just love your family-- wonderful shots, Jen!
Xoxox,
Mags
Post a Comment