Saturday morning was full of watching Conference and cooking. I cooked up a batch of baked potato soup (my favorite) to take to our Relief Society get together that night. I was also in an unexplainably amiable mood, and complied with my children’s constant requests for something different for breakfast (1st cereal, then biscuits and jelly, then eggs). I usually tell them to like it or lump it, but I was just feeling kind of jolly, what with conference on TV and being in a generally productive mood.
That afternoon at 4pm was Stevie’s first T-ball game, and I’m officially in love with the whole process. I’m not sure there’s anything more adorable than watching a hoard of 5 year olds alternate between wildly pitching themselves at the ball and then staring off into space or picking flowers. But when STEVIE HIT THE BALL—well, I can just tell you I was practically in a frenzy of pride. We’re still not really sure who won the actual game (the score was something ridiculous, like 21 to 18), but it didn’t really matter. It was all very low-key, and all about feeling good and having fun.
Afterwards, I rushed off with the boys to the Relief Society party and Steven rushed off to get ready for Priesthood session. I had a lovely time and even made some crafty homemade cards—and may I say, they are CUTE! Granted, Kallie did most of the work and I just glued everything together, but I’m still feeling very self-satisfied.
Steven, (though getting there very late) had a great time at Priesthood session too. He unfortunately missed the pre-session pizza get-together due to a massive headache, but took some medicine and was able to make it to the stake center during the first hymn. He said that he really enjoyed it, and never even looked at the clock the entire time. So I guess both of us had a lovely evening with our respective sexes.
No comments:
Post a Comment