I have officially been coughing, sniffing, sneezing uncontrollably and losing my voice for about 4 weeks now and I'm getting really sick of it. (Ha-ha, ignore the pun--I am my father's daughter). It's been bad enough to make me really uncomfortable, but not bad enough to get me out of doing anything--which I think is monumentally unfair. I should at least be getting some sympathetic slack-off time.
To clarify, however, my sweet husband Steven has been very nice about it all. His nightly dinners have been reduced to once or twice a week dinners, and he's been letting me take lots of naps. I'm sure if I asked, he'd graciously treat me like an invalid and be happy eating sandwiches for dinner with the boys all week. But my stupid conscience gets in the way.
The worst part is that I keep hearing rumors and scary stories about women who have mysterious headaches, nasty colds, etc, that last the duration of their pregnancies. Once they deliver, they feel fine. Oh please, no.
Seriously, Allergies--or Bug-From Hades, or whatever you are--you can leave now. Christmas is coming and I want to sing me some carols! And right now everything I sing sounds like croaking from the evil old witches in all the Disney movies--which in retrospect is very Halloween appropriate, so that's a silver lining, right?
1 comment:
I hate it when I cant sing the way I want and am used to. Totally sucks! I hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment