Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rainy Days

Something has been really upsetting me lately, and I'm not ready to write about it yet. I don't want to end up making a big deal out of nothing--which I'm famous for--but I will say that I've been worried, anxious and anything but resigned, and that prayers of comfort on my little family's behalf would be greatly appreciated.

That being cryptically said, I've unfortunately been in a 3-week bout of the not-feeling-that-wells, and this doesn't even have anything to do with Baby G. I think my allergies and a lacksadaisical cold got to together and conspired to make my life miserable for awhile. Not sick enough to stay in bed all day--just sick enough to be uncomfortable and lack will power.

Stevie, having the impenetrable immune system that he does, escaped any sickness. David got a teensy taste of it and Steven also got off scott-free, so that's good.

It's been raining, raining, raining. I usually love the rain. There's nothing better than snuggling up with Steven and laughing our rears off watching re-runs of "The Office" (which we did last night while eating sherbert....delicious).

But during the day, it's started to get a bit wearisome. The boys and I need our daily doses of Vitamin D in order to prevent the Cabin-fever Crazies. Amazingly enough, however, they've been getting along pretty well--no hysterical fights over who gets to sit in the blue chair, who gets to dress up like Spiderman first, etc. They've been in fairly chillaxed moods for the past few days, and while that's nice for the sake of family peace, it also means the TV's been on way too much.

(By the way, if anyone would like me to quote "Monsters vs. Aliens" verbatim from start to finished, I'm pretty sure I can do it).

4 comments:

Missy said...

Dude, you know I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way! Maybe a trip to Arlington would brighten your spirits. ;) Too bad it's just as wet and dreary here!!

Jenni said...

It's pretty disgusting here too and it makes it really hard to get out of bed and go to work, then to school and then all the other stuff. Hats off to you for staying inside with two young boys. Love ya!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I agree...the rain was nice at first, but enough is enough! I'm hoping an end is in sight!
Sending love and prayers your way!!

Sherry said...

We're pondering ark building lessons up here, too. Hope things are looking up soon (with some sunshine!)