Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Children's Museum of Houston

My friend Sarah treated us to a day at the Houston's Children Museum, which is now officially my favorite kid's place in all of the Bay Area. I could not believe what an incredible place it was! And the kids, needless to say, loved it.

Regardless of how it may appear, Stevie is actually grimacing in joy and not extreme pain in this picture.

David and Rachel, who is gracing the camera with her signature fly-a-way hair and enormous baby blues.

Mikey was everywhere at once! There was just so much to look at! It sure kept Sarah hoppin'.


Here is Stevie hoisting himself up using a pulley system--which was a truly admirable feat because this kid weighs a ton.


Stevie, of course, had to give a big cheesey smile in front of the string bass (which was actually a display on the mechanics of stringed instruments--but Stevie was impressed solely for the rock-n-roll status).

Officers Stevie and Rachel zooming away in the police car...

One of the absolute COOLEST parts of the kid's museum was "Kidtropolis," which was virtually a play city, where the kids could try out all kids of adult activities, such as pet shop, voting at city hall, the diner, the grocery store, etc...
Here's the kids rushing around the kitchen of the diner, cooking up my lunch order--which was something like grapes and fried chicken.
David brings me my food---straight out of the frying pan.

Here's Stevie playing the role of "Grocer" in the Kidtropolis Grocery Store. He did an excellent job helping me find items.

He also spent some time at the check out (seen here). They had a neat little touch computer screen where they could "check out" the customers.
Next stop was the Art Institute, where the kids donned their artist garb and painted a few masterpieces. (See how David's double-brushin' it?)
The kids also really enjoyed the pet shop, where they were able to take care of animals, listen to their hearts, weigh them, look at x-rays, blow dry and wash their hair, etc. Stevie really took this part seriously (as you can tell from his face).

I think David had convinced himself that he actually heard a heartbeat, hence his look of suprised importance.
To sum up, it was absolutely wonderful. What a fabulous way to spend a rainy Friday. I look forward to going back again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to a good one in Minneapolis that had the same Kidtropolis setup. I wish they had a good one in Dallas.

Shannon said...

ok, your kids are so stinkin cute! Their faces are adorable, and that looks so fun! I agree they need a better one up here in dfw, the one in portland is a blast too.

Jenni said...

I so wish I could go to. That looks like so much fun.

Shelley said...

Isn't the Children's museum awesome? They remodeled it last year and it is WAY better then it was.

cmhouston said...

How’s it going, Jenny?

Thank you for sharing your fun times at the Children's Museum of Houston.

We’d like to invite you to post your photos to our Flickr group page: www.flickr.com/groups/cmhouston/

Post comments on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/cmhouston

And follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cmhouston

Thanks for visiting us and we hope you to see you soon!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I love taking the kids to museums. Yours look like they had a blast!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, that looks like so much fun. I want to visit you even more now.