Great day today. It started off with me waking from an amazingly deep sleep and actually teeming over with energy to start the day. I did the dishes first thing, for cryin' out loud! Steven got a little sleep-in time while I spent some time dawdling on the computer and hanging out with the boys.
Afterwards, we went to the park and then off to Chick-fil-a to cash in on their free Labor Day chicken sandwich giveaway (in which we did indeed partake--delicious!) And after running a few errands, we headed on back home to rest up a bit.
Later that afternoon, we went to a Labor Day party given by some friends at church. They had rented an enormous inflatable water slide, and all (three) of my boys had a soggy blast. I don't think my children stopped going down it the entire time we were there. I wanted to have a go myself, but figured I better take it easy for the Peanut's sake.
I had a really marvelous time--and in spending time at the party, I realized that I really love the women in our ward. Getting to know each of them has been such a boon to my spirits, and always leaves me in the best of moods. I always feel so happy that I'm surrounded by such kind, interesting and hilarious ladies. It's good for me--having a social group that can identify with my particular experience (as a Mormon SAHM living in Texas). I laugh a lot, and always end up learning a lot too.
(And I have to say that the guys seemed like they had a rip-snortin' time, too. My favorite part of the evening was when Steven, Jed, Brandon and Jay all went down the slide at the same time. It's a miracle the thing didn't implode right then and there. If only I had a picture)!!
4 comments:
Those giant inflatable slides are so much fun, aren't they?? Glad you had a great Labor Day!!
I totally have one of those giant inflatable water slides! Next time you are in town, if the weather is still warm, we can set it up. I'm glad you had such a good Labor Day.
I'm glad that you had such a good time and that you are surrounded with people who will help you know why we love you so much.
I'm glad that you have such awesome women in your ward!
Post a Comment