Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Thursday night we threw a little birthday party for my Dad in Galveston. I can't believe it, but it actually turned out really well! Dad's friends are awfully nice and it was really fun talking and joking with them. Dad seemed to have a really good time too, which was of course the goal, and nothing made me happier than seeing him smile.

Here's my Dad with baby Jack. Look at those double-generational pair of big blue eyes!


Dad chatting with the Paines.


Jessica with Jim and Wilma Nance. For some reason, before I took this picture I told them to "smile and pretend like they were having a good time." Hmmm.


The Thorleys. I of course took the picture the minute she took a bite of food. Thank goodness she's such a good sport.


Stevie just adores his cousin Jack.

But after all is said and done, all I can say is: I hate throwing parties. It takes tons of organization, time and money--all three of which I miserably lack. I think Martha Stewart and Wedding Planners must be pyschotic.

3 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Happy Birthday Rod! We love and miss you.

Jenni said...

I hate the spending money part but love, love, love throwing parties. As soon as the semester is over I will have to have one.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Looks like your Dad had a good birthday!

I love planning parties, but I already know that I'm crazy.